Wood

Monday, November 18, 2013

(30 Days to a Naturally More Vibrant You) Day 18: Accepting your strengths and weaknesses

I love reading blogs. I have a handful that I click on almost everyday to see if they posted anything new, and then probably another handful that I look to for specific inspiration every now and then.

It is so easy to get caught up in the perfectness that seems to be there. I think that we assume that the person writing that blog does everything that we do, plus everything you see on that blog. And we just think... how?? She is amazing, she can do it all.

But time and time again, I find myself surprised. I will suddenly come across something that makes me realize that's not true. I will love another woman's kitchen, and find out she never cooks in it. Or maybe this woman is an inspiring writer and mother, but kind of a messy housekeeper. She exercises... but lives in yoga pants.

My point in saying all this, is that we need to stop putting others on a pedestal, and quit putting ourselves down so much. Real life is not a blog, or pinterest. We all have our weaknesses and strengths.

Some of my strengths..... and weaknesses
I try my best to look good every day.... but sometimes I forget to shower as often as I'd like. (Yes, I really forget!)


I enjoy decorating my house and making it a beautiful place to be.... but I hate doing the dishes. So sometimes they build up (especially if my husband is busy!!)

I wake up at 5am.....because my kids force me to..... but I also fall asleep at 8pm sometimes.

I grind my wheat fresh and bake a lot...... but I don't exercise. (I know! I just... don't. I try. Sometimes.)


I cook almost every night..... but we eat a lot of vegetarian food too. Sometimes really simple food (so I'm not cooking meat & potatoes or a 4 course meal every night!)

I am good at a lot of things like sewing, knitting, decorating and fashion.... but I don't get on the floor and play with my kids that often. (I do however, try to be mentally available to them by limiting daytime tv and computer, and then if they want to show me what they are doing or talk while I'm knitting, I listen and respond)

I talk to my mom everyday.... but I only see her a few times a year. (miss you)

I have an amazing marriage... but parenting my rambunctious early bird toddler boys is a struggle most days.

I have friends that I hang out with on a pretty regular basis, and I go to La Leche League twice a month.... However, I put off grocery shopping as long as I can, and I stay at home most days.

I have a lot of pretty things.... but most of them were used and repainted, or I bought it on craigslist, or on clearance.

My boys have a lot of energy.... so they play outside a lot. They are best friends! And thick as thieves. ;)

My husband is very involved, with the house and the kids. However, he just returned home from deployment, and his work schedule is still heavier than I'd like it to be.

I don't do it all. I don't have it all. And neither do you. And that's good. Life would be so boring if we did. So, let's start to accept ourselves for who we are, and try to plan around that. Self-awareness is a good thing. If there is something you don't like about yourself, what can you do to work on it?

I am working on writing up our daily routine to put on the wall... and I'm going to schedule in Mommy Playtime... I want to play with my kids more often.

What can you do to accept yourself, and change what you don't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment