Wood

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

(30 Days to a Naturally More Vibrant You) Day 20: Drink enough water

Drink water!


We all know that water is important for us. It is good for your skin, good for your digestive health, its good for your immune system. Lack of water can give you headaches, make you feel sluggish, you may think you are hungry when you are actually thirsty...

I learned about the importance of water slowly but surely. As a kid I would sometimes get bladder infections, and I don't know or remember the details of them, but I do remember my parents having to carry me into the emergency room because I had gotten so dehydrated I was too weak to walk.

Later, I moved to the desert. You just can't play with hydration when you live in the desert. Anyone we knew who lived in the desert for awhile carried a water bottle. So we started too. Now we carry stainless steel water bottles. I like the stainless steel because it doesn't leach anything if it heats up, like BPA (I know that now most plastics use something other than BPA, but I don't want to find out in 10 years that the new plastic is harmful too, so we avoid plastics whenever possible). Also, we always try to buy the insulated water bottles that stay cold for like 12-24 hours. They are usually a bit more expensive than the plain ones, around 20-30 each, but we use them every single day, and for months and months (usually until something on it breaks).

I highly recommend that you get a stainless steel water bottle, cut back on your juices and sodas, and drink water. You will feel better.

Me? I need to drink less coffee.

I found this cool Hydration Calculator. It says I need to be drinking about 3 liters of water! Yowza.

What is your strategy for drinking enough water? Do you have a beverage you need to cut back on?

No comments:

Post a Comment