Wood

Saturday, November 30, 2013

(30 Days to a Naturally More Vibrant You) Day 30: Basic pieces, continued

Today is my last day of the series. To be honest, when I started the series I didn't really know what I was doing, but I think if nothing else, it was good for me to practice writing every day, and experiment with what content I enjoy writing the most.

I find that I get the most excited about things that I would talk with friends about.... personal style, home d├ęcor, organizing, and baking.

So for today, let's talk about that wardrobe again. I am so excited, because I figured out how to do polyvore collages! An image is always helpful in completing the idea.

Basic Pieces, continued...

At least 2 or 3 pairs of jeans- A relaxed pair, a pair in a dark wash in your preferred shape that you can dress up (I want a pair of higher waisted straight legs!) and then maybe another pair that is dark wash and comfy cute (like skinny jeans).
A pair of colored pants is very helpful to add to your wardrobe. When you have a pair of colored pants, it can really shake up your wardrobe by giving you something totally different to pair with those neutral tops. Some great options can be: olive green, dark brown, or maroon if you don't want to go too wild. If you're not afraid of color, go with something in your main color palette, or something that coordinates with it. Cobalt blue is a really fun color, red, hot pink, purple, etc. The ones that I have are like a bright coral color from the Loft outlet store (I can't find a link online to them). I also have a pair of olive flare pants that are fun to mix up with some of my girly tops.
jeans


A maxi skirt- I am in love with my maxi skirts. I have two :D One is a knit gray and the other a white chiffon. The waistband here is really important to me, as well as how it hits the tush. You should not need to be worrying about that. If you can see every lump and bump when you put it on, try the next size up. If that doesn't work, skip it. I tried on a lot of maxi skirts and almost gave up before I found this one (on clearance nonetheless!!). Maxi skirts are great because they feel like sweats but they look fabulous!
maxis


A pencil skirt- I'm in love with pencil skirts. I know, I just love the vintage thing going on! But pencil skirts can be modern, they can be sweet, they can be sexy. I love the versatility. These work best on a pear, hourglass, or rectangle shape. Rectangles, make sure you have some definition at the waist! Also, make sure the skirt hits at the smallest part of your leg (because that is where it cuts you off). Usually this is right above or right below the knee. If you have a skirt that hits you at the biggest part of your calf, it makes your legs look bigger than they are.


pencil skirts

An A-line skirt- These are the most flattering on everyone! This is the easiest skirt shape... they can be casual or dressy, flowy or structured, they can be tiered, patterned, solid... Easy. :)
 
 

A line skirts

 
 
Dresses- A good neutral dress, some everyday dresses, a good party dress, a romantic dress, these are things to think about. I love dresses, so I have quite a few. I have learned about myself that I will wear them way more often if they are a solid color in a shape I love. For me and my romantic style, an ivory lace dress is way more practical than it sounds! I love mixing it with other styles with the accessories.
dresses

 
 
 
This polyvore of dresses makes me swoon!! I would wear all of these :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment