Wood

Sunday, November 3, 2013

(30 Days to a Naturally More Vibrant You) Day 3: Be In the Word

I can't post about being vibrant without posting about the One who gives me life.

From where does creativity come? The Creator.

From where does love come? Well, God is Love.

God is the one who gives us a love for beauty and the skill to create.

The cliché is that you have to spend time with God in the morning. You don't. I do.... If I don't do it first thing, it usually doesn't happen. But do whenever is consistently available for you. I get up at 5:30 in order to be up before my early birds, and I cherish that time to be alone with my coffee and my bible. It is easier to soak it all in when I am not distracted by the kids.

"They" say you should pray out loud, on your knees, whatever... I don't. I pray by writing in my journal, about a small page worth. I write about concerns for the day, things I am thankful for, whatever is on my mind. It doesn't have to be fancy, it is just between you and Him. He just wants to hear from you, and interact with you.

One last thing... Do it everyday. Even if its just for a minute. Even if you feel like its pointless.... trust me. Go a few weeks without it, and slowly, it will start to build up.

I'm just trying to be real here. A lot of people will speed read past this post, and that is fine. I do it too.... but someone needs to hear it. My mom said it to me not that long ago, and it was exactly what I needed.


Mine is journaling... Is there something you have that helps keep you in the Word?


No comments:

Post a Comment