Wood

Friday, November 1, 2013

Pumpkin patching it up!

Hay ride out to the pumpkin patch
Pumpkin patch season is almost over here, but I think I can still get away with some pumpkin talk.

Hubby and R
My fellas and I had a blast visiting our local pumpkin patch. We ate some chips that they called fries? R went down a slide way bigger than I was comfortable with, but had a BLAST! and we each chose our pumpkins. The kids and I picked our pumpkins with the idea of painting them and decorating the dining table, but my hubby picked out a large one that we attempted to cook... and we succeeded!

Us with our pumpkins... mine is the white one!
E wanted to hold his pumpkin in the Ergo
We followed the recipe from Pioneer Woman to make pumpkin puree and it was way easier than I thought it would be. It always seemed so amazing to think about someone making pumpkin from scratch, but it wasn't bad! The worst part was the dishes (my least favorite chore....)
Gutting the big pumpkin

And the kids and I painted our pumpkins silver because, well,  why not? ;) Because I have boys, I haven't really pursued the arts and crafts aspect of parenting very much. However, we had such a lovely peaceful afternoon painting our pumpkins. It inspired me to do things like that more often.

They take their job seriously!
What is something you have determined to do with your kids more often?




No comments:

Post a Comment