Wood

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Embracing reality... just a little bit

 
I like to be different. I always have. Even when I was a kid, I remember being on a camping trip with my family. I was the only one with my sleeping bag facing the opposite way. I didn't think a thing of it, until my mom said, "You always do things differently.". It's kind of true. I took this amazing quiz that says I am a "Groundbreaking Thinker", so I really do love to be the one with the new amazing idea on how to do something.

 
The same goes for my style. I like to be different, I like to have my own style and my own stamp... But I'm realizing that it isn't always realistic. I don't want skinny jeans to be my staple. I think they are unflattering and difficult to shop for. I would rather wear trousers everyday and poofy high-waisted skirts. Or pencil skirts!
 But the truth is, I stay home with my kids most of the time. Skinny jeans are comfortable (when you find the good ones!) and they go with everything. They look good with boots or flats. And they are young! Sometimes I think my style will fit me better when I'm 40. ;)
I have decided to appreciate looking young a bit more, and incorporating my unique style when I can. Sometimes we have to find that balance between clothes that shout "ME!" and finding that everyday wardrobe that keeps us comfortable. But you better believe that when I need a party dress... vintage, eclectic, romantic. Yes.
 
 

 So, here is my not that romantic or girly outfit (It needs pearl earrings :( I lost mine...) with nothing vintage or different about it. But I felt cute, and young. And comfortable.

Here's to being a 22 year old mom of toddlers in 2014!

Happy New Year, friends!

PS. Take that personality quiz! It's crazy how right on it was with my family! What personality type are you?

pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. I took the quiz... spot on! (I'm the laid-back doer). Your outfit is cute & casual, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kinda crazy how good that quiz is, right? :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hi Adrienne, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog to let me know you came by...and for the compliment...I'm glad I found you as well. Your outfit is great for staying at home...actually you are so put together, considering you're at home with the kids. I'm in a raccoon sweater, leggings and slippers that look like a 85 year old grandmother should be wearing them. :) I agree I've always wanted to be (enjoy being) different as well. Every now and then my husband says something that I find so hard to swallow, he says "as hard as you may try you are just life everyone else on the inside". At first that was so hard to take, but now I find it liberating. I will age just like everyone, sometimes I'm tired like everyone and I'm no better than anyone. Being different is a lot of hard work. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your take on things - being different is good but you want to make sure that everything fits in your daily life. Skinny jeans really are great for being home. You look great!

    ReplyDelete