Wood

Saturday, March 15, 2014

The last few months...

Hi!! I'm so glad to be back to my little space. It has been a long time, and much has happened.

Here are our last few months (in no particular order...)


 We flew across the country!

Last picture in the old house... approx 6 wks pregnant




We got to go visit my family!

We surprised my husband's grandma for her birthday...


We got snowed in about 2 days after unloading our moving truck...

We were thankful for the fireplace.... We've never had one before!


This is a picture of R playing in the rain. We aren't used to having weather and seasons!


He is not as sure about that rain as his brother....


We attempted the movie theater for the first time in a long time.....but we got the time wrong for the movie we wanted to see. It was probably a good thing, because even a special movie at home ended up being very....eventful.

We made our own popcorn, ate candy (then a kid threw some up...too much sugar), drank homemade tea, and watched "the Dusty movie" as we call it around here. And there were many, many potty breaks. We were glad to not be at a movie theater for all that. :)




Then it snowed again! Since my husband and I were too lazy to get dressed... we brought the snow inside! I made a "snow sensory bin" and the kids played with it near the fireplace. The snow actually took a long time to melt, and it was nice to be able to un-thaw little fingers every now and then.


We visited my grandparents. This was first thing in the morning... love those little sleepy faces.


Here, we are at my husband's grandma's house. Obviously, it is warm there! Short sleeves!

 
Playing with bubbles is The. Best. Thing. Ever.



I got to visit with my friend that I haven't seen in like 7 years? We can't remember how old we were. It was so great to catch up!


Then we got to go to Sea World! The turtle we are looking at totally looks like Crush from Finding Nemo.

About a minute after I said, "Maybe it is time to go home? What should we do about dinner?" the little man fell asleep. So we got all the awake people dippin dots and kept walking around for awhile :)

I apologize for some of the pictures in this post. I seem to have a hard time with the focus. But! I would rather have kind of crappy pictures than none at all. I'll just have to practice more! :)

Also, I omitted a lot of pictures of family members here, because I'm not sure what the rules are about that. But just so you know, there were a lot of other people around ;)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back :) It looks like you have had an eventful few months! I love the creative home movie theater idea - and haha it sounds like it was the right choice anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My favorite part is making popcorn at home! I am just as heavy handed with the butter, but at least I know it's the real thing... ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Adrienne! I was hoping you would be able to answer a question about your blog! I'm Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete